Safeguarding Children at Abbey Park Federation
This school believes that it is always unacceptable for a child to experience abuse of any kind. We recognise our responsibility to safeguard the welfare of all children.
We will provide staff and volunteers with guidance to follow when they suspect a child may be experiencing abuse or at risk of harm. We will work co-operatively with other agencies to safeguard and promote the welfare of children. We will ensure that our concerns about out pupils our pupils are discussed with parents/carers first – unless we have reason to believe that such a move would be contrary to the child’s welfare.
Designated Safeguarding Lead: Rebecca Scully
Deputy Safeguarding Leads, including Child Protection: Claire Mitchell; Libby Pringle; Sue Jennings and Clare Phillips
Early Years Designated Safeguarding Lead: Rebecca Scully
Prevent Single Point of Contact (SPOC): Rebecca Scully
Safeguarding Governors: Neil Grimshaw and Nick Jones
We will review our policy and procedures on an annual basis.
Websites and advice for parents
- Worcestershire Forum Against Domestic Abuse 2015
- Parents Protect – a website to help parents protect their children against sexual abuse.
- Spot the Signs – Advice for parents, professionals and young people on the signs of sexual exploitation and how to keep safe.
- PACE – a free online course for parents to equip them with the knowledge to protect their children against sexual exploitation.
- Teenage Relationship Abuse – a parents’ and carers’ guide to violence and abuse in teenage relationships.
- Sexting – how to talk to children about the risks of sexting, and what you can do to protect them (NSPCC).
- Chat Danger – Advice for parents and carers on keeping their child safe online, including parental controls.
- Self-Harm in Young People – Information for parents and carers and anyone who works with young people.
- Know the Signs – Information on suicide and self-harm for parents (Samaritans).